Skip to main content

OSU Supports DACA

"Oklahoma State University urges Congress to move quickly and take away the uncertainty created by the DACA ruling. We have several DACA students, and I am pleased to see the strong support they have received from across our campus community. We are doing what we can to support them and provide what resources we can. Our DACA students are fine students, they don’t get any aid and they work hard. I think they will make great members of our society. They were brought to the United States as minors through no decision of their own. Many were so young the United States is the only home they have known. We need to make sure they can continue to pursue their American dream.”

- Burns Hargis, OSU President


Who are undocumented students?

Undocumented students are those who entered the United States without inspection or legal permission. Being undocumented can also refer to those with expired paperwork or those in deportation proceedings. If you have a United States passport or birth certification, you are not undocumented, you are an American citizen.


Applying for admission

Oklahoma State University welcomes all applicants regardless of citizenship. Undocumented students should follow the same application procedure in place for all other domestic OSU applicants. The student must file an Affidavit of Intent and have it notarized by a licensed notary for the state in which they live. To receive in-state tuition, the student must file the Affidavit of Intent to ensure that the student intends to file an application for legal status within one year, graduated from an Oklahoma high school and lived in Oklahoma at least two years prior to high school graduation.  

Affidavit of Intent for Oklahoma residents

Affidavit of Intent for Texas residents

Affidavit of Intent for residents of all other states


Tuition information

The state of Oklahoma allows in-state tuition to undocumented students through Board of Regents decisions. Learn more about undocumented students and higher education. In accordance with House Bill 1804, undocumented students can receive in-state tuition if they meet the following requirements:

  • Graduated from a public or private high school in Oklahoma.
  • Resided in Oklahoma with a parent or guardian while attending classes in this state for at least two years prior to high school graduation.
  • Secured admission into, and enrolled in, an institution within the Oklahoma state system of higher education; and provided to the institution a copy of a true and correct application or petition filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services to legalize the student’s status OR filed an Affidavit of Intent.

Those who do not meet the above requirements will pay out-of-state tuition.


Scholarships & Financial Aid

Undocumented students typically are not eligible to receive financial aid from the state and federal government, including loans, grants and scholarships. Please note that undocumented students are ineligible for most, but not all, institutional scholarships. For additional information and frequently asked questions about non-citizens' eligibility for federal aid, please visit Federal Student Aid: An Office of the U.S. Department of Education. Read these frequently asked questions about student financial aid for undocumented students.



The Office of Multicultural Affairs has many student organizations that provide connections and resources for OSU students. Aspiring Americans provides grants to cover the cost of immigration applications for students enrolled in high school or college, as well as support every step of the way. Learn more about the Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).

SVG directory not found.