We dream as big as the sky
America's brightest orangeis going to look good on you
Opportunities here stretch as far as the eye can see. You'll get real experience to start your career off on the right track. And a big dose of Cowboy spirit in a community you'll be proud to call home.
Academics & Research
OSU is a nationally ranked research university — in the classroom and on the field.
- Top 50 Public Universities in America (Niche.com, 2018).
- Most Truman Scholars (for graduate study in public service) in Oklahoma.
- Honors curriculum listed top 10 in the nation (Willingham, 2018).
As a land-grant institution, we believe access to education is an essential part of our mission.
- Top 100 Best College Values (Kiplinger, 2017).
- No. 76 (out of 4,000+) Best Public Schools for Scholarships (GoodCall, 2016).
- Over 50% of OSU students graduate with zero student loan debt.
Quality of Life
We invest in the well-being of our students, faculty, staff and community.
- Largest comprehensive university student union in the world.
- Students routinely log thousands of volunteer hours each year.
- Located in America's friendliest college town.
Research that improves lives
Transformational presidency, national search begins
Shane Wharton joined Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores as a budget analyst more than 20 years ago at an opportune time. Since 1964, the Oklahoma City business has grown from a single gas station in western Oklahoma to more than 530 locations in 41 states. An Oklahoma State University graduate and now president of Love’s, Wharton helped orchestrate the rise of one of the country’s largest family-owned businesses. In 2020, he was named a Spears School of Business Distinguished Alumni.
A collaboration between Oklahoma State University and the National Groundwater Association aims to address a projected shortfall of geoscience workers and improve access to groundwater that is essential for people around the world.