Acceptable Official Documents - International
All transcripts must be issued by the school, in the original language; English translations are also required if the official transcript is not in English.
International transcripts are considered official if they are submitted to our office
in ONE of the following formats:
- The transcript is submitted in an envelope that is sealed and stamped by your school or the Department of Education in your home country. Official transcripts can be mailed directly from your institution or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope prior to enrollment at OSU. See examples of properly sealed envelopes for official transcripts.
- The transcript is sent to our office electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org from your school or school representative via their official email account or transcript e-service.
- The transcript is sent to our office electronically at email@example.com from your embassy or home government.
Scanned or photo copies of transcripts from international institutions are accepted for admission purposes ONLY. You can send us copies of your transcripts by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to avoid delays in enrollment, applicants who are offered admission to OSU must submit official transcripts prior to enrollment at OSU.
Please note that official transcripts are required for admission purposes and transfer credit evaluation for any coursework completed in the United States.
If you plan to send the official transcripts to our office by mail, make sure that
the documents be sent to the following address:
219 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
International students whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System), TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or Duolingo English Test (DET) results*.
The current COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in widespread English testing center closures in impacted regions. In response to this global crisis, OSU will now temporarily accept Duolingo English Test (DET) results from spring and fall 2021 applicants who are unable to take the TOEFL or IELTS due to exam cancellations.
* English language proficiency requirement will be waived for American-based international high school students who have attended an English-speaking school for 3 or more years.
* English language proficiency exams will be waived for transfer students who have 24 or more transferable credit hours from a U.S. or English-speaking post-secondary institution.
* Official TOEFL and IELTS Academic exam scores are valid for two years from the date of the original exam. If your scores are more than two years old, you will need to take a new exam to be considered for admission.
* According to policy, results of the TOEFL taken at international testing centers
and special testing centers will be accepted. Results of the TOEFL taken at institutional
testing centers will only be accepted by the administering institution.
Test Scores (ACT, SAT, CLEP and AP)
- Sent directly from ACT or SAT to our office.
- Mailed or hand-delivered by the student, provided the scores were received directly from ACT/SAT. Web-based scores which can be retrieved online by the student are not accepted.
- Included on an official transcript.
- Emailed directly from the institution's official email account (i.e. from an administrator at that institution) to our email account, email@example.com.
- Faxed from the institution, provided administrators have signed and returned our Faxed Transcript Agreement Form.
You may send them by mail or hand deliver your documents at:
219 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
Learn more about are financial guarantee requirement for international students.