- Go to my.okstate.edu and sign in using your OSU email address and O-Key password.
- Click on the "Self-Service" icon and then on the "Financial Aid" tab.
- At the Financial Aid main menu, click on "Award," then on the "Award for Aid Year" link.
- Select "2021-2022 Award Year" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Terms and Conditions" and carefully review that information, which includes an explanation of how we determined your eligibility and important information you need to know as an aid recipient. You must review this before accepting/declining your award. If you have any questions or concerns about the terms and conditions, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid before submitting your award acceptance.
- Once you've accepted the Terms and Conditions, you'll be able to click the "Accept Award Offer" tab.
Additional info about accepting awards online
You may accept or decline your award by using the drop-down menus under ACCEPT/DECLINE.
- Most awards include information just below the award name. In some cases, the award name is a link to additional information. Read the information before you accept or decline each award.
- You may accept any part of a Federal Work-Study or student loan offer by typing the revised amount in ACCEPT PARTIAL AMOUNT. If the award is offered for both fall and spring, accepting a partial amount will be divided equally between fall and spring.
- If you are offered a Subsidized Stafford Loan, you must accept all of it before you are allowed to accept the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.
- Corrections cannot be made online. To make corrections to your award after you have submitted it online, you must either email a request to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid or submit a written request. Emailed requests must come from your OSU email address.
- If you are not sure whether you want to accept an award, it is better to accept it now and make changes later so you have time to carefully plan for the coming year.
- Because funds are limited, if you decline a certain award now, we may not be able to reinstate it later.
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Submit Decision" button when you've made your decisions.
Types of aid that don't need to be accepted online
Certain types of aid have already been accepted if they were awarded to you:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (this will show as an offer until we receive the funding from the state on a semester basis)
- Oklahoma's Promise
- Cowboy Covenant
Certain types of aid cannot be accepted online:
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan: a parent must apply separately at studentaid.gov
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: a student must apply separately on studentaid.gov
- Some scholarships cannot be accepted online, and instead, you may have been mailed information with an acceptance form for you to return.
Reporting other scholarships and awards
If you'll receive other awards from agencies/organizations other than OSU (or OTAG/Oklahoma's Promise), please notify us by going to the "Resources/Additional Information" tab in the "Award" portion of the Financial Aid section in my.okstate.edu. You only need to complete the Outside Resources section of the page if you have awards to report; you don't need to enter zero if you're not reporting awards.
Check your OSU email and the OSU student portal regularly
OSU provides an official email address to all admitted students, and we will send all official emails to that address. Be sure you've activated your OSU email address and remember to check it at least once a week. You should also plan to check your financial aid status and awards weekly by going to the OSU Portal, as awards are made on an ongoing basis throughout the fall and spring.