There are six important steps in the application process, and each one must be completed to begin your journey at OSU. Just remember, your application for admission is also your application for scholarships. To process your application quickly, we suggest that you complete the application online. You can log back into your account and finish at a later time.
Complete the online application using your full name that exactly matches your passport. You are always able to log back in to your account to finish if you are disrupted along the way. You can also print the application, fill it out and mail or deliver it to our office at Undergraduate Admissions, 219 Student Union, Stillwater, OK 74078.
The OSU international application fee is $90 and nonrefundable. It must be paid before your application can be processed. You may pay online with a VISA or Mastercard.
Submit a copy of the identification page in your passport by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your English proficiency test scores if you do not have 24 or more transferable credit hours from a U.S. or English-speaking post-secondary institution. Please note that the following English proficiency requirements pertain to undergraduate students only. Graduate applicants should consult Graduate College.
All international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam scores*.
*The current COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in widespread English testing center closures in impacted regions. In response to this global crisis, OSU will now temporarily accept Duolingo English Test (DET) results from summer and fall 2020 applicants
who are unable to take the TOEFL or IELTS due to exam cancellations.
Please contact us with any other questions or concerns regarding testing options at email@example.com.
Copies of official test scores are accepted as long as they can be verified by an admissions official on the testing website. Send us copies of your test scores by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your score report cannot be verified online, your application will not move forward in the process until we receive your official scores directly from the testing agency.
TOEFL scores can be sent using DI code: 6546.
219 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
* English language proficiency requirement will be waived for international students who have or will have attended English-speaking high schools located in the U.S. for 3 or more years.
* English language proficiency exams will be waived for transfer students who have 24 or more transferable credit hours from a U.S. or English-speaking post-secondary institution.
* Official TOEFL and IELTS Academic exam scores are valid for two years from the date of the original exam. If your scores are more than two years old, you will need to take a new exam to be considered for admission.
* According to policy, results of the TOEFL taken at international testing centers and special testing centers will be accepted. Results of the TOEFL taken at institutional testing centers will only be accepted by the administering institution.
Submit your transcript(s). If you have earned college-level credits, you must submit a college transcript from each institution attended as well.
All transcripts must be issued by the school, in the original language; English translations are also required if the official transcript is not in English.
International transcripts are considered official if they are submitted to our office
in ONE of the following formats:
- The transcript is submitted in an envelope that is sealed and stamped by your school or the Department of Education in your home country. Official transcripts can be mailed directly from your institution or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope prior to enrollment at OSU. See examples of properly sealed envelopes for official transcripts.
- The transcript is sent to our office electronically at email@example.com from your school or school representative via their official email account or transcript e-service.
- The transcript is sent to our office electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org from your embassy or home government.
Scanned or photo copies of transcripts from international institutions are accepted for admission purposes ONLY. You can send us copies of your transcripts by email to email@example.com. In order to avoid delays in enrollment, applicants who are offered admission to OSU must submit official transcripts prior to enrollment at OSU.
Please note that official transcripts are required for admission purposes and transfer credit evaluation for any coursework completed in the United States.
If you plan to send the official transcripts to our office by mail, make sure that
the documents be sent to the following address:
219 Student Union
Stillwater, OK 74078
International students may submit unofficial documents for admission consideration, but students must provide an original copy of all documents prior to enrollment.