Since the launch of the strategy development process in October 2021, the on-campus content development has proceeded in concert with robust constituency involvement and input off-campus.
Over the past year, we've been actively listening to our students, faculty and staff on our Stillwater campus, as well as at our partner campuses and across the Cowboy family — including alumni, extension, donors and friends.
The timeline below depicts a broad view of the steps in the strategy process.
Oct. 2021 - Dec. 2021
- Held Executive team strategy retreat
- Ran consultant selection process
- Conducted Board of Regents strategy session
- Hosted major donor summit
- Established Steering Committee
- Constituted Working Groups
Jan. 2022 - May 2022
- Gathered market data and relevant information within the Working Groups
- Conducted Industry Partner Forums
- Solicited electronic feedback from within the OSU system
- Invited thoughts from OSU graduates through Alumni Engagement Series
- Gathered input from the broader OSU community (local, State, and Tribal donors, friends, and advocates)
May 2022 - Sept. 2022
- Received and reviewed Working Groups’ proposed imperatives
- Identified implications of imperatives and align with OSU’s Land Grant Mission
- Defined metrics for successful implementation and assessment
- Drafted a comprehensive Strategy statement
Board of Regents
- Submitted Strategy to the Board of Regents for review and approval