- Community Foster a strong sense of community based on shared governance among student, faculty, staff and administration.
- Diversity Respect and value the diversity of individuals, beliefs and opinions.
- Service Serving others is a noble and worthy endeavor and distinguishing feature of a land-grant institution.
- Steward of Resources Dedicated to the efficient and effective use of resources and sustainability.
- Excellence Seek excellence in all endeavors and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Integrity Commitment to the principles of truth and honesty.
- Intellectual Freedom Believe in ethical and scholarly questioning that respects the rights of all to freely pursue knowledge.