Skip to main content
Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

Teacher certificate program



If you are taking courses for a teaching certificate, you may be eligible for financial aid. If you are working on a principal or superintendent certification, per federal regulation you are not eligible to receive federal aid.


Students taking coursework towards teacher certification may be eligible for federal financial aid if they are:

  • enrolled at least half-time in coursework that is
  • required for elementary or secondary teacher certification to teach in the state.

Aid restrictions

  • Federal Direct Loans (Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized and Direct PLUS for parents of dependent students only) and Federal Work-Study only
  • Subsidized Loan eligibility maximum of $5,500
  • Independent students may also qualify for up to $7,000 more in Unsubsidized Loans
  • Total federal aid amounts can never be more than the difference between Cost of Attendance and any other financial assistance

Application process


  • Complete the FAFSA
  • Submit all documents requested by our office
  • Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor by calling (405) 744-7295.
  • Provide copies, signed by the appropriate College of Education official, of:
    • the “Application for Admission to OSU’s Professional Education Program” and
    • OSU’s Check Sheet for Teacher Certification and Recommendation for Elementary Education or Secondary Education Subject.” (The OSU Check Sheet must list the required courses.)
  • Alternative Certification students must provide in lieu of the College of Education documents listed above:
    • A copy of their memo from the Professional Services Section of the Oklahoma State Department of Education titled “Alternative Placement Program Requirements” and
    • A copy of their Oklahoma State Department of Education Teaching Certificate.
Back To Top
SVG directory not found.