You're on your way to transferring into the Cowboy family.
Who counts as a transfer student?
What's required?You'll need these four things to be considered for admission:
- Completed Admission/Scholarship application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcript from each college or university you attended (request date must be less than three months old)
- Official high school transcript containing your class rank, GPA, ACT or SAT scores*,
and graduation date if you have less than 24 college-level credit hours
*Students have the option to apply to OSU without consideration of a test score. Students who select this option on the application will be considered for admission based on a full review of their high school transcript. Class rank is not required for test optional admission. This option also applies to home school, private, parochial or other non-public high schools which are not accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
*OSU will accept the official superscore provided directly from ACT for both admission and scholarship consideration.
Transfer admission requirements
|Credit Hours Attempted*||Admission Requirements|
|7-23 credit hours||Freshman admission requirements and 2.25 GPA|
|24-59 credit hours||2.25 GPA|
|More than 60 hours or associate degree||2.0 GPA|
* excluding incomplete, passing grades (ex: "P" or "S"), or remedial/developmental, repeated/forgiven credit and activity courses.
Want to know how your credits transfer?
Check out our Transfer Credit Guide!
We have put together a Transfer Credit Guide for your convenience. Simply select the state and college you attended from the drop down menu, and the guide will generate a list of courses that other students have transferred to OSU in the past.
TRANSFER CREDIT GUIDE