You're on your way to transferring into the Cowboy family.
Who counts as a transfer student?
What's required?You'll need these four things to be considered for admission:
- Completed Admission/Scholarship application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcript from each college or university you attended (request date must be less than three months old)
- Official high school transcript containing your class rank, GPA, ACT or SAT scores*,
and graduation date if you have less than 24 college-level credit hours
*Beginning in summer 2022, students have the option to apply to OSU without consideration of a test score. Students may indicate on their application for admission that they would like to be considered as test optional and submit their high school transcript for review. This also applies to home school, private, parochial, or other non-public high schools which are not accredited by a recognized accrediting agency.
*OSU will accept the official superscore provided directly from ACT for both admission and scholarship consideration.
Transfer admission requirements
|Credit Hours Attempted*||Admission Requirements|
|7-23 credit hours||Freshman admission requirements and 2.25 GPA|
|24-59 credit hours||2.25 GPA|
|More than 60 hours or associate degree||2.0 GPA|
* excluding incomplete, passing grades (ex: "P" or "S"), or remedial/developmental, repeated/forgiven credit and activity courses.
Want to know how your credits transfer?
Check out our Transfer Credit Guide!
We have put together a Transfer Credit Guide for your convenience. Simply select the state and college you attended from the drop down menu, and the guide will generate a list of courses that other students have transferred to OSU in the past.
TRANSFER CREDIT GUIDE