Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
The Subsidized Loan provides a way for you to borrow money from the government to help finance a college education. This loan can be used for educationally-related costs, such as, tuition, fees, housing/meals and books.
The government pays the interest on the loan while you are enrolled in school at least half-time.
- Must file the FAFSA
- Based on financial need
- Must be at least half-time (6+ hours each semester)
- Eligibility must be determined and loan originated before the end of the academic period for which the loan is being requested.
- You will complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN), which is retained and updated by the loan servicer throughout your education at OSU.
- You must also complete a one-time Loan Entrance Counseling Session, which includes borrower rights and responsibilities,prior to the first loan disbursement.
- You will list OSU as the school for the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling to be sent to, and we will automatically receive notification of these within several business days after you have completed them.
For more information regarding the Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, please visit the Federal Student Aid website.