Frequently asked questions for financial aid/COVID-19
- Will your office be open?
The Student Union has been closed so we are unable to have face-to-face contact with you. Our doors may be closed but we are still here to help. We recommend emailing us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. Since we will be communicating with you via your OSU email, please check it daily. You can also call us at 405-744-6604 and leave a message. We will return your call within 48 hours. Our staff is working to make sure that aid processing continues without delay or interruption.
- Can we still contact your office?
Yes! You (or other individuals who are authorized to get information about you) are encouraged to contact us if you have any questions about your financial aid or scholarships. We recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Since we will be communicating with you via your OSU email, please check it daily. You can also call us at 405-744-6604 and leave a message. We will return your call within 48 hours. Our staff is working to make sure that aid processing continues without delay or interruption.
- Do I still need to go to my online classes to keep my financial aid?
Yes, you must still participate in your online classes to remain eligible for financial aid both this semester and in future semesters. Just because these classes are online does not change your financial aid.
- What happens if I need to withdraw from one of my classes?
Contact us so we can advise you. Your current aid may not be changed but your future aid eligibility could be impacted. Please check out our Satisfactory Academic Policy.
- What happens if I need to withdraw from all of my classes?
You may have to pay some of your aid back if you withdraw from all classes. Contact us so we can advise you. You can find more details here.
- Can I still receive financial aid for this semester?
Yes. If you haven’t filed the FAFSA we encourage you to do so as soon as possible. If you have already done so, you need to check your financial aid portal at my.okstate.edu. Requirements that are still missing need to be completed as soon as possible. You can upload documents on your portal. If you are unable to use the document upload tool, you can fax them to us at 405-744-6438 or mail them to us at 119 Student Union, as we are receiving mail as usual.
- Can I still apply for the Cowboy CARES Emergency Grant? We have exhausted our CARES Grant funding. The application has been taken down. If you are experiencing a change in your financial situation due to COVID-19, contact us at email@example.com or call at 405-744-6604.
- What if my financial situation has change? What if my family's financial situation
If you or your family are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID19, please contact us. We can review your situation and look for any possible adjustments to your financial aid.
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 405-744-6604.
- I heard I don't have to pay interest on my student loans?
You need to contact your loan servicer for any questions regarding the “pause” on federal loan interest accrual. The “pause” is available to borrowers of Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized, Direct Parent PLUS and Direct Graduate PLUS loans. If you don’t know who your loan servicer is go to studentaid.gov.