Frequently asked questions for financial aid/COVID-19
- Who is eligible to apply for the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP?
- Only students on the Stillwater or Tulsa campus are eligible for the grant. Masters-level students at the CHS campus are considered OSU-Stillwater/Tulsa students and are eligible.
- Concurrently enrolled high school students are ineligible to apply.
- You must be enrolled at OSU for the Fall 2021 semester.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours for undergraduate and 4 hours for graduate)
- If you have previously been awarded the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP, you are ineligible to apply again.
- How do I apply for the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP? Complete the application form under the "Responses Required" section in the "Home" portion of the "Financial Aid" tab in my.okstate.edu. Select aid year 2021-2022 in the upper, right-hand corner.
- How much is the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP? The grant varies from $750 to $1,500 but is subject to change based on available funding. We have prioritized awarding based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- Can I still apply for an OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP even though I don't have
a FAFSA on file? Yes. However, funding is limited and can't be guaranteed.
- Do I have to pay the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP back? No, you don't need to pay the grant back.
- If I receive an OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP will it reduce my financial aid? No, the OSU Economic Stimulus Grant-ARP will not count as financial aid received, so it won't impact your other financial aid.
- What if my financial situation has changed? What if my family's financial situation has changed?
- Will your office be open?
We're here to help! But please help us prioritize health and safety by contacting us via email or phone.
Our lobby is now open from 9am – 4pm, but traffic will be limited. If you feel an in-person meeting is not needed, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 405-744-6604. If you prefer to come to the office, please note that masks are expected in public spaces on campus.
- Can we still contact your office?
Yes! You (or other individuals who are authorized to get information about you) are encouraged to contact us if you have any questions about your financial aid or scholarships. We recommend emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Since we will be communicating with you via your OSU email, please check it daily. You can also call us at 405-744-6604. Our staff is working to make sure that aid processing continues without delay or interruption.
- I heard I don't have to pay interest on my student loans?
You need to contact your loan servicer for any questions regarding the “pause” on federal loan interest accrual. The “pause” is available to borrowers of Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized, Direct Parent PLUS and Direct Graduate PLUS loans. If you don’t know who your loan servicer is go to studentaid.gov.