Non-degree students in prerequisite coursework
Non-degree seeking students may be eligible for federal financial aid if they are enrolled at least half-time in coursework that is:
- part of an eligible OSU degree program, and
- required for admission to a graduate or professional degree program.
Non-degree seeking students cannot receive aid for courses taken only to raise their GPA to be admitted to a degree program.
- Federal Direct Loans only—Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized, and Direct PLUS (parents of dependent students only)
- Limited to one calendar year (12 months) beginning on the first day of the loan period
- Subsidized Loan eligibility at $5,500
- Independent students may also qualify for an additional $7,000 in Unsubsidized Loan
- Loan amounts can never be more than the difference between Cost of Attendance and any other financial assistance
- Complete the FAFSA
- Submit all documents requested by our office, including: