May 14, 2021
Campus Mask Mandate Changes
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Oklahoma State University has been committed to following the guidance and directives of the CDC and local and state health officials. In response to CDC guidance released yesterday, and again in consultation with local and state health officials, OSU will no longer require the mandated use of masks or social distancing on campus or at any OSU sponsored activity. Two exceptions exist: Masks will still be required on transit buses due to Department of Transportation requirements, and masks will be required in certain areas of University Health Services. Although mask mandates for campus will no longer be in effect, community members may continue to voluntarily wear masks based on their own needs.
The latest guidance from the CDC is a large step towards a return to normal campus operations. Today’s changes are based on current public health advice and are subject to change or modification pending any developments or recommendations from the CDC or Oklahoma State Department of Health.
Updates to websites and relevant signage removal within facilities will begin today, but will take time to complete. Questions? Email email@example.com
COVID-19 Vaccinations Still Available
We ask the OSU community to continue to be aware of the CDC guidelines as they relate to the added risk for potential COVID-19 infection among unvaccinated individuals. We encourage everyone to get the vaccination. Opportunities for vaccinations are available through University Health Services. To schedule an appointment, please view information here. Also, remain diligent with hand washing and stay home when feeling ill.
University-Related Travel Update
Given the continuing guidance of state, federal and world health organizations, the university’s domestic and international travel guidelines are as follows:
- All restrictions on in-state travel have been lifted and normal processing of requests and approvals should be followed.
- All out-of-state and international travel for university-related business or academic purposes will remain suspended until further notice, unless such travel is essential to the university and approved by the appropriate dean, vice president or administrative designee. Reimbursement will not be processed from any funding source for out-of-state travel that does not include approval by the appropriate dean, vice president or administrative designee.
- All travel requests should be processed through the AIRS system.
- *Please Note: All requested travel to a Department of State country with a Level 3 or 4 travel advisory will need to complete a request for a travel waiver as part of the AIRS submission process.
- All university-sponsored domestic and international travelers must review CDC guidance for travelers and understand their associated travel risks before, during and after travel.
- All travel approvals are subject to change and possible revocation based on evolving
public health and university guidance.
Administrative processes for travel can be found at: adminfinance.okstate.edu/travel/index.html
We thank the Cowboy family for their efforts in adhering to the university’s COVID-19 guidelines. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org