OSU Diagnostic Laboratory
Health care providers who would like to submit samples to be tested can find step-by-step instructions and necessary forms on this page.
Individuals must go to a health care provider or mobile test station to have a sample taken.
The OSU Diagnostic Laboratory is a partnership between OSU Medicine in Tulsa and the Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (OADDL) in Stillwater. The OSU Diagnostic Laboratory is housed in the OADDL building on the Stillwater campus.
Thanks to the partnership with OSU Medicine, the lab has become CLIA certified to conduct human diagnostic testing. Currently, human testing is specific to the COVID-19 virus.
How to submit samples to the OSU Diagnostic Laboratory
On April 22, the Oklahoma State Department of Health released new testing guidelines for surgery centers and hospitals, stating both must administer COVID-19 tests in partnership with private labs to all patients prior to elective surgery. The OSU Diagnostic Laboratory is not a private lab. We contract solely with the Oklahoma State Department of Health and cannot prioritize turnaround time for pre-surgical patients.
- Download the requisition form . This form must be included with each sample. We accept all swab and transport media approved by the CDC.
- Contact the OSU Diagnostic Laboratory Business Office at (918) 561-1894 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a pick-up of samples by our courier company.
- If you are a provider and are geographically close to Stillwater, you can deliver samples directly to the OSU Diagnostic Laboratory from 8 a.m. to midnight, Monday through Friday, and from noon to midnight on weekends. Upon arrival, do not get out of your vehicle. During normal business hours, call 405-744-6623. After hours call 405-744-8810. Someone will come to you to collect the samples and bring them inside.
- Due to a significant increase in the number of samples submitted, the current turnaround time is 72 to 96 hours. All test results will be reported through the PHIDDO system, and all patient results will be sent to health care providers via encrypted email. If an email is unavailable, results will be faxed to the provider at the number indicated on the requisition form, but may cause up to a 24 hour delay in receipt of results.
- Upon receipt of results, the Fact Sheet for Providers and Fact Sheet for Patients can be found under the “FAQs and Test Fact Sheet” link. The Fact Sheet for Patients must be provided to all patients tested with the assay (TaqPath™️ COVID-19 Combo Kit) used by Oklahoma State University Diagnostic Laboratory. This is the Providers responsibility.