A Cowboy, Without Question
Fabiola Gonzalez is a first-generation college student from Oklahoma City who is equally passionate about her opportunities through OSU’s ROTC program and her love for educating future generations.
She knows firsthand how scary it is to be the first person she knew to go to college, but at OSU she discovered resources for first generation students, the Hispanic Student Association and ROTC. The support at OSU gave her the confidence she needed to pursue an education degree and stay in school. In fact, she’s made so many good connections and relationships in the Cowboy Family that she now has taken on leadership positions in shaping the First Generation program.
The OSU family is helping Fabi attain her dreams of becoming an Army officer and future teacher.
That’s how we build Cowboys.
WE ARE ALL COWBOYSHailing from all 50 states and 98 countries, we are united by the Cowboy Code.
- We end the day knowing we gave it everything we had
- We dream only as big as the sky
- We know challenges come with pain, but pain will not win
- We have a passion to do what's right, even when it's hard
- We stand for what matters, even if we stand alone
- We finish what we start
- Being a Cowboy isn't in our clothes, it's in our character