You have the option to submit a creative supplement that displays your potential as part of your application. Please include 3-5 sentences explaining your concept and the mediums or tools used. Your submission could include, but is not limited to: an original song, piece of artwork, blueprint or fashion design. There is no negative impact on the application evaluation should you choose not to respond. This is an option for students who have a strong desire to present themselves through a creative component.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I submit my responses?
You can submit your creative supplement online. You will be prompted to log in to your application account.
- What type of response is OSU looking for?The most successful submissions to this question have been from people who define themselves as a creative scholar. So, if you aspire to design like Frank Lloyd Wright or Maya Lin, create like Georgia O'Keeffe or Henri Matisse, compose like John Coltrane or Teresa Carreno, or write like J.K. Rowling, we eagerly await your submission. In all cases, your submission should exemplify who you are as a creative scholar.
- What type of submissions aren't acceptable?
Please do not send:
- Submissions that fail to demonstrate a high level of ability
- OSU-themed artwork that does not express a student's uniqueness
- Physical submissions such as scrapbooks, CDs, or DVDs
- A video addressing the admissions committee directly
- Personal web pages from social networking sites like Facebook or Instagram
- Any perishable items such as decorated food
- Anything that is not your own work
- What format should I use when I submit my creative component?
We only accept electronic submissions.
- Photos: must be .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff, .tif or .png formats
- Music: must be .mp3 file
- Music compositions and other submissions: must be .pdf file
- Video: must be .mov, .m4v, .mp4, .wmv or .avi format or sent as a link to a video-hosting website, such as YouTube.
- Does my response need to relate to my intended major?
No. Creativity is an important leadership skill and is applicable across academic disciplines.
- Should my response have an OSU theme?
No. We love when students are passionate about OSU, and we think OSU is a special place, too. However, this question is not designed for the purpose of measuring OSU school spirit. Rather, we want to provide an opportunity for students who define themselves as creative scholars to utilize artistic and creative media to demonstrate specialized skills and abilities. While we have purposefully left the medium you choose open to art, music, architectural design or another scholarly creative outlet, please make sure you can tie your response back to academic and scholarly pursuits.
- Can I submit a photo of my project?
Yes. We only accept digital submissions, therefore a photo is best if your submission can't be submitted as another form of a digital file. Be sure the photo shows important scholarly aspects of your work, such as scale and texture.
- Can I retrieve my submission after it has been reviewed?
No. All submissions become property of the Oklahoma State University Office of Undergraduate Admissions.